Someone once said, “It’s the little things in life that count.”
While this expression was probably intended to describe experiences such as stopping to smell a rose bush, or taking in a coastal sunset, in the case of hearing aids, it can also be applied to batteries.
Certainly hearing aid batteries aren’t as romantic as a slow-stroll on the beach with a loved one, but when it comes to getting the most out of your hearing aids and experiencing all the things you want to experience, batteries are the gateway.
And because batteries are so important, we wanted to offer up a few tips in order to help you maximize your hearing aids potential.
Here are five keys to caring for your hearing aid batteries:
- Store hearing aid batteries at normal room temperatures.
- Do not refrigerate batteries.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before changing batteries. Grease and dirt on the batteries may damage the hearing aid.
- Leave the battery compartment of your hearing device open at night so moisture can escape. Doing so will keep the battery from corroding and damaging the hearing aid.
- Remove dead batteries immediately. A completely discharged battery may swell and become difficult to remove.
Finally, many people want to know just how long they can go before they have to replace their batteries.
The primary factor influencing how long a battery will hold its charge is the type of hearing aid you wear. Some hearing aids require more power and therefore will have a shorter life than others.
Here at Woodard, we offer several hearing aids that warn you when your batteries are running low. When it’s getting close to the time to replace the batteries, a voice inside your hearing aid will let you know.
With that being said, one way to ensure greater length between charges is to purchase fresh batteries.
Here at Woodard, we offer hearing aid batteries that come directly from the manufacturer. This is important because when you purchase our batteries, you can rest assured that they haven’t been sitting on a shelf for years, meaning they will last longer.
It’s the little things in life that count so while they may not get much attention, batteries can go a long way in making your life fuller and more enjoyable.
We refuse to settle for less than the best and we hope you will do the same.